Do You Have A Concussion?
Complete serial observations of symptoms.
If worsening, seek medical care immediately.
Recovery general follows the guidelines below, however if your progression is delayed (>2 weeks) please seek the treatment options listed in our Treatment Section of this site.
- Early symptoms: Complete recommendations provided in our site, you can listen to the video instead of reading to help with headaches and eye strain.
- Returning to sport for the athlete: Seek qualified health care provider for Return to Sport progression and clearance.
- Most states require clearance from medical provider prior to return to organized sport.
- Returning to activity for the active individual:
- Begin easy activity.
- Be careful not to exercise to a level that increases your symptoms >2/10 points.
- You may then progress through graded exercise program slowly until you are able to reach pre-injury fitness.
- Remember running causes jarring to your brain and should be added in after a bike and elliptical.
Phoenix recommends both physical and cognitive clearance prior to returning to impact and contact activities. Please seek this assistance in your area.