Complete serial observations of symptoms.
If worsening, seek medical care immediately.
Recovery general follows the guidelines below, however if your progression is delayed (>2 weeks) please seek the treatment options listed in our Treatment Section of this site.
- Early symptoms: Complete recommendations in the Treatment Section of this site.
- Symptoms clear with rest for the athlete: Seek qualified health care provider for Return to Sport progression and clearance.
- Most states require clearance from medical provider prior to return to organized sport.
- Symptoms clear with rest for the non-athlete:
- Begin easy activity.
- Be careful not to exercise to a level that increases your symptoms.
- You may then progress through graded exercise program slowly until you are able to reach pre-injury fitness.
- Remember running causes jarring to your brain and should be added in after a bike and elliptical.
Phoenix recommends both physical and cognitive clearance prior to returning to impact and contact activities. Please seek this assistance in your area. If it is not available, you can reach the Think Head First staff for cognitive testing recommendations.
Thinkheadfirst.com or 435-659-5932